A first kiss can leave you feeling dizzy and a passionate smooch can make you tingly and happy inside.
I know this sounds kind of odd but have you ever thought about something so much you realise how strange it is?? Think about it, when you kiss someone you put your lips against another’s and move them around…weird. But it feels so good and it’s known all over the world as a way to show love and affection.
Which got me thinking, why does kissing feel so good? I decided to investigate the top health benefits of kissing to share with you. I hope this blog leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside.
1. Kissing helps self-esteem & state of mind and makes you feel appreciated.
2. Kissing relieves stress. Passionate kissing relieves tension, reduces negative energy and produces a sense of well-being, lowering your cortisol ‘stress’ hormone.
3. Kissing is good for our heart, as it creates an adrenaline which causes the heart to pump more blood around your body. Lots of kissing has scientifically been proven to stabilise cardiovascular activity, decrease blood pressure and cholesterol.
4. Kissing reduces anxiety and stops the ‘noise’ in your mind. It increases the levels of oxytocin, an extremely calming hormone that produces a feeling of peace.
5. Kissing helps relieve pain. The endorphins produced by kissing are 200 times more powerful than morphine. Wowza!
6. Kissing keeps your skin staying toned. Kissing involves 34 facial muscles, and 112 postural muscles, toning your face preventing sagging – keeping your face looking young.
7. Kissing keeps us healthy. It improves our immunity by releasing antibodies that kill bacteria.
So what are you waiting for, get smooching!!
Thoughts? Comments? I’d love to hear from you.
What Customers Are Saying
Working with Living Organic to put together a custom hamper for my brother-in-law was easy, efficient and completely stress free. Amy has a fantastic knowledge of organic products and works tirelessly to source specific items to ensure that what you’re getting is suitable for your needs. I also love how the wellness philosophy of Living Organic permeates the entire company — from the products and service, to working with Amy herself.